Wednesday 4 January 2012

Hello Dubai, good Dubai

Well after not talking to my sister for a few day's we managed to video call her and my niece and nephew. Lovely to see that they are all ok. As I talked I mentioned Dubai and my 3 yrs old neice say bye bye , really funny.

So we arrived in Dubai with no sleep, but a comfortable journey on the airbus 380. Our hotel was right next to the airport and as Dean and I are real geeks, we loved watching the planes so this was great for us.

Not wanting to waste a moment, we changed and got a taxi to take us to the palm tree island, I think the helicopter that flew over us is where we should have been to apprciate what we were driving over.

Destination Atlantis, wow what a great Hotel, Very much like las vagas.

I have always wanted to scuba drive ( yea yea I hear my family say ) but I am not brave enough. But we went around the aqarium in the hotel , amazing and I really felt like I was in there with the fish.

Later in the afternoon a friend I haven't seen in 20 years and her very nice husband came to get us, and took us for a drive around the area, it was great, then we had a lovely bbq. What a great family, catching up and meeting new friends. It was a really special time. You know if you havent spoke to someone in a long time or haven't seen them, I really encourage you to do that this year! You know as I did you might feel like 20 yrs felt like 20 mins, just you look a bit older!

Today was a relaxing day, flopped in our room for most of the morning, I can say how nice that was to really relax, then we caught up with my friend, and had a lovely ride on a small boat, walk around the old part of Dubai, relaxing lunch by the water, and then to where you can buy gold everything, wow wow wow, nearly nearly got a eternity ring, so close to finding something I really really liked (note to self, you now know what you want, and if you don't find it you'll be coming back ha ha)

Well all I can say to you is if you want to go somewhere interesting Dubai is the place, and beaches look great too ! What a great start to our trip!!

Now must dash as its nearly midnight and I have a very heavey case to repack, and get some sleep up at 5am.. Blog you all in Hong Kong du bai xx

No comments:

Post a Comment